The casual caretaker will be working a few hours each week, looking after the maintenance and caretaking tasks of this busy and successful school. This role reports to the Headteacher and has responsibility for a range of tasks including Health & Safety and Premises Maintenance.
The main duties and responsibilities are shown below, for more information please see the attached job description.
- To ensure all duties are carried out according to the school’s Health and Safety policy.
- To be aware of the school’s emergency response procedure.
- To carry out health and safety checks in line with current legislations.
- To assist with the maintenance/management of repairs ensuring that they are carried out as soon as reasonably practical and with minimal disruption to the working of the school.
- To carry out emergency repairs and cleaning as required.
- To carry out the clearing of all general debris, including the emptying of litter bins.
- Ensure all chemicals hazardous to health are risk assessed and records are maintained.
- To set up and clear away as required, furniture and equipment for school events.
You will have an excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, be experienced in carrying out routine maintenance and repairs and be able to prioritise. You will be a good ambassador for the school in your communication with individuals who visit the school. For more information, please see the attached person specification for this role.
If you are a hardworking, team player with a desire to continually improve the quality of your work for the benefit of our children and families, we would love to hear from you. You should be able to follow direction, but will also need to work on your own initiative and with discretion. You will have a high degree of resilience and flexibility and be able to contribute to our school’s positive ethos.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 31st August 2021.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st September 2021.
We encourage visits to the school, to arrange this, please contact Mrs Streete, Headteacher, 01753 644403 or email email@example.com
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.